Promotions are manually applied on the iPad in the checkout screen. A promotion is a pre-created discount with a name attached to it. Rather than seeing a manual discount in reports, the promotion will tell you exactly what the discount was for.
1. In the administration portal click ADD on the right side of the promotions tab, in the red square below.
2. An add promotion window will appear where you can enter the promotion name, start/end date and discount, whether you want % discount, $ discount or $ flat rate will be specified here. In our example,we used a 20% off military discount starting on July 14th with no end date. Remember to click SAVE in the top-right corner before proceeding.
3. After saving your promotion you will return to the dashboard and will see your promotion added into the PROMOTIONS tab on the right side of the screen. You can also use the status dropdown to see inactive promotions.
4. Now we will jump into the iPad and explain how to apply your recently added promotion. We will start with the assumption that you have brought a golfer into the checkout screen to check them in. Select the DISCOUNT tab next to the checkout button to APPLY your promotion.
5. The cart discount window will appear with the option to select a promotion, click on the drop down to select the promotion you want to apply. In our case we are using the 20% off military discount.
6. After selecting the promotion, click on the green APPLY button to discount the green fee in your shopping cart.
7. You will return to the shopping cart and can see that the 20% military discount has been applied. You're now ready to finalize your transaction.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Teesnap Support by emailing us at email@example.com or calling 844-458-1032.