HP WIRELESS PRINTER
- You must have a printer with wireless capabilities. This walkthrough is designed for HP printers to be set up through hpeprint.com to have an email address of your choosing, but the basic idea can be applied to any wireless printer that has its own email address.
- Go to hpeprint.com and create a new account.
- Click “Devices” and follow the instructions to add a new device. This often involves looking at the settings on your HP wireless printer. Each device is a little different, so if you need help, you must consult your HP manual.
- If your printer has a screen on it, use the menu buttons or touchscreen to navigate to find your “claim code”. Enter your claim code to set up your device.
- Once your device is set up, you can use hpeprint.com to change the auto-generated email of random numbers and/or letters to any available address “email@example.com”
SENDING YOUR PRINTER A RECEIPT
- Once your printer’s email address is set up, any receipt you send that email address will print out of your printer.
- When checking out a guest, you can enter the email into the email field and it will print.
- After checking out a guest (or anyone), you can go into the Purchases tab, open any transaction, and send a receipt to your printer’s email address and it will print.
- DO NOT ADD YOUR PRINTER’S EMAIL ADDRESS AS THE EMAIL ADDRESS FOR ANY SPECIFIC ACCOUNT.